The three-day food and drink bonanza on Hove Lawns returns once again this year as Foodies Festival is set to take over the city’s seafront from April 29 – 1 May.
With so much on offer, the UK’s biggest food festival has plenty of attractions, no matter what you’re after and here are just ten of the best reasons to visit Hove Lawns over the Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Watch Michelin Starred & Top TV Chefs cooking up a storm on stage in the Chef’s Theatre & take home their top recipe tips this summer. Locally and nationally recognised chefs have made Foodies Festival their festival of choice, with the likes of Top TV Chefs Rosemary Shrager, Saturday Kitchen’s Matt Tebutt & Lorraine’s Dean Edwards, Michelin Starred Adam Simmonds, Atul Kochhar, Josh Eggleton & Gary Angler, MasterChef Winner Jane Devonshire and many more.
2. Meet Great British Bake Off Winner Candice Brown & GBBO Judge Prue Leith in the Cakes & Desserts Theatre and be inspired to pick up a whisk & whip up beautiful bakes when you get home. Budding bakers can even take part in our Foodies Festival Bake Off Competition.
3. Enjoy yoga classes, mindfulness & meditation in the brand new Healthy Living Zone where you’ll find a full timetable of free classes throughout the day hosted by Lululemon & top local yoga studios.
4. Learn beauty & nutrition secrets from Kate Moss’ Detox Coach Amanda Hamilton & Let Deliciously Ella and Clean Eating Alice arm you with tools to improve your lifestyle to become happier and healthier without fad diets.
5. Meet the producers in the Artisan Market and try, buy and ask your questions to over 200 fantastic and award-winning exhibitors, giving you the opportunity to support local and taste the very best brownies in the Cakes & Desserts Village.
6. Soak up the festival vibes at the bigger, better Unsigned Live Music Stage with a glass of Pimms from the giant Pimms Teapot or enjoy the views and a cocktail atop the BarBus.
7. Get hands on with Creative Summer Workshops or Drinks Masterclasses, with everything from Psychedelic Meringues & Midsummer Cupcakes to gin, wine, craft beer & champagne masterclasses.
8. Have fun introducing your kids to new flavours in The Kids Cookery School with Science based cooking classes creating a ‘Whizz! Bang! Pop!’ & a Kids Zone with Giant Jenga and outdoor games.
9. Enjoy delicious flavours and tastes from around the world in the Street Food Village this summer at Foodies Festival.
10. Make your day extra special with afternoon tea at the Vintage Tea Tent or a VIP experience in the luxury VIP tent with a glass of fizz, tote goodie bag, showguide, priority access to food and drink masterclasses & a new VIP acoustic music stage.
Latest posts by Sam Harrington-Lowe (see all)
- Do you think you’re funny? Try your hand at standup and find out - February 14, 2018
- Britney Spears to headline Brighton & Hove Pride 2018 - January 23, 2018
- A local gig for local people – The League of Gentlemen Live is coming - January 14, 2018