On any regular day island life in Saint Lucia is paradisiacal, but during culturally significant days the island truly sparkles with local essence. August’s ‘Chocolate Heritage Month’ is a prime example of this; an occasion when the community bursts with flavourful fervour.
Dating back to the 1700s, cocoa history has been an integral part of St. Lucia’s heritage, making the Caribbean Island a known producer of top-quality cocoa.
And during August, the rather stunning five star Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina is offering tailored experiences to celebrate the Island’s beloved offspring: chocolate.
Capella Hotels have an uncanny knack of blending the benefits of a fine boutique hotel with the amenities and activities of a luxury resort, and the Marigot Bay resort is no exception.
There’s 124 rooms, so not exactly boutique size, but links to local surroundings can be felt throughout the accommodation with local materials used where possible.
There’s a whole bunch of eateries to choose from, including the Grill at 14⁰ 61⁰, named to honour Marigot Bay’s latitude and longitude, which boosts an open plan show kitchen. Or knock back some mojitos at the Rum Cave – a rum connoisseurs dream.
There’s swimming in pools, of course, but for those with a bit of pampering in mind, check out the Auriga Spa, which features double treatment pods all with their own rainforest shower and surrounding Zen Gardens. Heaven.
Marigot Bay was once described by the legendary American author James Albert Michener as “the most beautiful in the Caribbean”.
Land and sea tours, sailing, yachting experiences, rainforest adventures, dolphin and whale watching, deep sea fishing, snorkelling, various sports activities, day excursions to the Pitons (including hiking) and the sulphur springs can be arranged via the hotel.
Flights: British Airways flights between Gatwick and St. Lucia available from £1,141.46 per person
Hotel: For prices please contact www.capellahotels.com/saintlucia/
For information about the destination: www.saintluciauk.org
INDULGE IN SOME OF THESE SUMPTUOUS CHOCOLATE EXPERIENCES…
Chocolate Tasting Experience Package
This is Capella Marigot Bay Resort & Marina’s signature dessert and is derived from hand-selected Trinitario cocoa beans, harvested from small cocoa plantation farms within the cocoa belt region of St. Lucia. Prized by master chocolatiers, these beans – coupled with local spices and fruits – inspire indulgent, aromatic and fruity flavours.
The package also includes:
- Complimentary daily breakfast
- Nightly turn-down with home-made chocolate goodies and freshly prepared hot chocolate
- Specially crafted chocolate-themed plated included with every meal
- One ‘Chef’s All Things Chocolate Culinary Menu’ private dining experience
- Rum and chocolate pairing experience at the resort’s Rum Cave
- A private ‘behind-the-scenes’ guided tour at The Rabot Estate’s Chocolate Plantation
- A creative chocolate dessert at the resort’s signature restaurant The Grill at 14’ 61’ – at the additional cost of £15.00pp
Chocolate Spa Indulgence Package
This is an exclusive chocolate spa treatment which includes:
- One daily 50 minute chocolate spa treatment
- One daily 25 minute treatment
- Full use of the resort’s Auriga Spa
- Complementary daily breakfast
- Daily selection of ‘Spa’ oriented chocolate food items to sample
Latest posts by Sam Harrington-Lowe (see all)
- A local gig for local people – The League of Gentlemen Live is coming - January 14, 2018
- Sussex Stars – just who the heck is GRAHAM FRANKS!? - January 9, 2018
- More than 20 Sussex names honoured in New Year’s List 2018 - December 30, 2017