The winners have been announced in an Instagram photo competition which asked residents and visitors to capture the very best of West Sussex over the summer.
The competition asked residents and visitors to share their best shots of their favourite West Sussex scenery, sights and selfies.
It was designed to show appreciation for the county’s natural landscape from coast to countryside and promote the array of outdoor activities available.
Entries included popular views of the South Downs, thatched cottages in Amberley, sunsets at Chichester Harbour and West Wittering and scenic shots of bikes in situ.
All entrants were entered into a prize draw, with West Wittering watersports club 2XS donating tuition sessions for three lucky winners:
• Christina Faerber (stand-up paddle boarding) with a picture of cycling/bike in situ at Littlehampton beach,
• Iain Fraser (windsurfing) with a picture of cycling on the South Downs
• Kerry Campbell (surfing) with a picture of paragliding at Devil’s Dyke.
Lawrence Grace won a Pallant of Arundel food and drink voucher worth £50 for his picture of West Wittering beach at sunset.
West Sussex County Council Leader Louise Goldsmith said: “It’s really good to see many of our residents and visitors getting involved and sharing their experiences out and about enjoying all that West Sussex has to offer.
“We want people to explore all the county’s lovely natural landmarks as well as enjoy our stunning countryside and unique beaches together with discovering places new to them.
“A big thank you to everyone who entered our photo competition – they have helped put West Sussex on the map as an attractive tourist destination.”
2XS owner Simon Bassett said: “We were really pleased to support the County Council’s campaign promoting outdoors activity and are delighted to give the winners a chance to experience a new sport at 2XS, West Wittering.”
To view some of the photographs, visit the West Sussex Weekends Instagram.
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- 10 legal facts every business owner should know - April 6, 2018
- Try something different for Mother’s Day in Sussex - February 22, 2018
- Sunday Assembly – distinctly different God-bothering - February 13, 2018