It’s that festival time of year when the sun hopefully shines and we get to unpack the tent and spend a few days having fun but can you keep healthy at a festival? Yes, of course you can and here’s how!
- Pitch your tent a long way from the stage, that way you have to WALK a lot to find it. Walking is great exercise and will chill out your nervous system and reduce your cortisol levels.
- Take plenty of fresh water with you and water bottles. If you know that there is going to be alcohol involved then try and drink plenty of water in between drinks.
- BBQ food can be really healthy, just make sure you store food properly and cook it well. Opt for Chicken Keebabs (you can make your own and by dicing up breast meat, mixing it with vegetables and sprinkle with lemon juice and chilli to add flavour) or homemade steak burgers. If you prepare them before you go and keep them in a chilled bag they should be fine.
- Apples / Pears / Berries / Nuts / Seeds / Oatcakes / Olives / Hummus – all very easy and satiating snack food.
- Dance, Dance, Dance – a fabulous way to exercise and you’ll be singing and laughing and smiling, what’s not to like?
- Sunshine on your skin will help with Vitamin D absorption but just remember to cover up and be sensible in the sun.
Most of all…ENJOY!
Need some help with your nutrition or fitness? Call Lisa Moore on 01444 847951 or visit www.fitformoore.co.uk