As the season changes so too does our diet and our desire for fatty foods but, if you’re looking for a recipe to warm your cockles without the calories, try out this delicious curry-themed dish from The Norfolk Arms Hotel, perfect for the autumnal months…
SEARED LOCAL SCALLOPS WITH CUMIN SPICED CAULIFLOWER PUREE & CURRIED CHICKPEAS
18 Scallops for six portions
1 Small head of cauliflower
40ml Double cream
½ Tsp ground cumin
1 Tin of chickpeas drained & rinsed
½ Red pepper
1 Small red onion
1 Clove of garlic
½ Tsp cumin
¼ Tsp turmeric
½ Tsp ground coriander
½ Tsp chilli powder
A few springs of coriander
- For the cauliflower puree melt the butter in a heavy based pan, put the cauliflower in a food processor for one minute until it has the look of cous cous and cook without browning for 3-4 mins.
- Add the cumin milk and cream and allow to simmer for 7-8 minutes until tender. Then hand blend to a velvety puree.
- For the curried chickpeas, sweat the onion, garlic and red pepper in the olive oil in a heavy based pan for 2-3 mins.
- Add all the spices and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas and cook slowly for 6-7 minutes until the chickpeas are tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and the coriander.
- Put the puree in a warm bowl and add the chickpeas.
- Top with the seared scallops.